Driving license is mandatory to drive a vehicle on the road in India or any other country of the world. Whether you are using your vehicles for commercial or personal work, you must have a license. A driver’s license is required to drive a motor vehicle on the road. So you must have a license to drive a vehicle like motorbike, car, scooter. The driver will first get a Learner Driving License as permanent license cannot be obtained earlier.
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, no person is authorized to drive a motor vehicle without a driving license number in a public place. If you want to learn to drive, you must first obtain a learner’s license. It is issued after waiting for at least one month after obtaining the permission of the learner to obtain a permanent license.
Sarathi Parivahan Sewa
Keeping in mind the convenience of the citizens of the country, the Government of India has launched a website named Sarathi Parivahan Sewa. Through which citizens of the country can apply online for Learner’s License, Driving License, Duplicate Driving License etc. sitting at home.
Friends, today in this article we are going to provide you detailed information about how to apply for online driving license or learner’s license through Sarthi Parivahan Seva, so read the article till the end to get complete information. They do not need to visit government offices as they just have to visit the official website of Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and from there they can apply for the license.
Sarathi Parivahan Sewa 2021 More Details
|Name of the Yojana||Sarathi Parivahan Sewa|
|Sarathi Parivahan Sewa started by||Government of India|
|Department Name||Ministry of Road Transport & Highways|
|Purpose||To provide online driving license and other facilities to the citizens of the country|
|Beneficiary of this sewa||citizens of the country|
|Official website URL||parivahan.gov.in|
Eligibility to get a Driving License
- Applicant should be at least 16 years of age for 2 wheeler motor vehicle without gear.
- Applicant should be at least 18 years old for 2 wheeler with gear.
- The applicant should be able to drive the vehicle for which he is applying.
- Must be at least 18 years of age for 4 wheeler or other vehicle.
- It is mandatory to have the necessary documents to apply for the driving license.
Various services available on Sarathi Parivahan Sewa Website
- A person can apply for new driving license
- Renewal of driving license
- Name change in driving license
- Issuance of NOC
- Change of address in driving license
- Apply for Learner’s License
- Issue an international driving permit
- Change in date of birth in
- Surrender of PSV/COV Badge
- Issue of PSV Badge to Driver
- Change bio metrics in driving license
- Cancellation of NOC
- Permission to drive in hilly area
Steps to Apply for Driving Licence/Learner License Online
- To get a new driving license, you have to visit website- parivahan.gov.in
- As soon as this site is open, you have to first click on online services and then click on “Driving License Related Services” from drop down menu.
- Now you have come to the next page and here you will select your state from given list.
- After you have selected your state, A new webpage will open. Here Click on “Apply for Driving License” or “Apply for Learner License” whichever you need.
- To apply for online licenses, you have been given five steps which are as follows-
- Fill application details – Here an applicant has to fill your details and other personal information.
- Uploads documents – In this step an applicant has to upload his/her documents.
- Uploads Photos and Signature – In this step an applicant has to upload his/her photo and signature.
- DL Test slot booking – In this step an applicant has to select the place where h/she want to give the test.
- Payment of fee – In this step an applicant has to pay the fee.
- After that you have to click on Continue and then three options will appear in front of you, in which select any one suitable option:
- Holding Learner’s License
- Holding Foreign DL
- Holding Defense License
- After this you have to enter the details of Learner’s License Details such as:-
- Learner’s License Number
- Date of Birth
- Now click on OK button and a new page will open in front of you, in which the learning license details will come, you do not have to change some details in it.
- After this you have to upload your required documents for Address Proof and Learner License
- Now you have to pay the fee for this you have to click on “Payment Gateway” and click on Pay Now and driving license fee is different in every state.
- Now you have to select your slot and after this you have to get the booking receipt.
- Now you have to visit the RTO office on the date of slot booking and you have to carry all your documents with you.
- After this all your documents will be verified, after that your skill test, and test drive will be done.
- After successful completion of all the steps, your driving license will be issued and you can it by visiting the RTO office.
Steps for Renewal of the Driving License
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of parivahan.gov.in.
- Now click on “Online Services” and then click on “Driving License Related Services” from drop down menu.
- Now you will have to select your state from the list displayed.
- After that the next page will open and click on option of Apply For DL Renewal
- Then you will get some guidelines and mention about the services provided and then click on the button of “Continue”.
- Then click on the option of “Get DL Details” by entering Driving License Number and Date of Birth and after filling click on proceed
- Then an applicant has to select his/her Blood Group and then click on continue
- After that in the next page you have to enter your mobile number and click on the button of “Generate OTP”.
- After getting the OTP, enter the OTP and click on “Authentication With Sarathi” button.
- After this your license renewal application form will open and guys fill all the details asked in the form correctly and then pay the fees.
Sarathi Parivahan Sewa- FAQs
Sarathi Parivahan Sewa is an official website developed by the Government of India. In which work related to Transport Department like Driving License, Learner License, Driving School can do here.
Yes, if you drive or want to drive any vehicle, then definitely get a driving license.
Yes applicant for new driving license has to give a driving test at the RTO office developed place.